Friday 10 July 2015

Honey Diet - A balanced healthy diet

Though no one in my family had ever worked in the police force before nor had I ever got a chance to interact with a police officer and get to know about their lives from close, but for some reason, I had always been in awe of them. So right from my childhood, I had always aspired to become one. All the movies and TV programs that centred around the police force would fascinate me. Whenever I would come across any article talking about the bravery of a police officer while dealing with a case, I would feel so elated as if I had won a medal myself. Getting to wear the police uniform everyday, in itself would have been a great privilege, I believed. The uniform never fails to evoke admiration and respect. Someone who protects the citizens in a locality by enforcing laws and maintaining order must be a hero, I believed. Thus this childhood passion of mine coupled with the ever growing law and order challenges faced by our people further emboldened my desire to go for the IPS exam.


So after graduating from college, I started preparing for the written test (IPS Exam) and appeared in the exam as well. Just as I was expecting, I cleared the written test with good marks. However to get into the Police force, one also has to pass a physical agility test to qualify for becoming a police officer and that's where my problem lay. To join the police force, one needs to meet certain physical fitness requirements — not only does he have to meet specific height and body weight limits but also has to pass the physical activity test which is often very strenuous and tough. For example, one has to do a three kilometres run in under 30 minutes, he also has to do at least 10 pull-ups in a row and so also at least 80 crunches within two minutes. Even more strenuous tests follow but as clearly evident, one needs to be absolutely physically fit to clear these tests. Obviously a police officer needs to have quick reflexes.


Though I was always good in studies and wanted to get into the Police force but I had never taken my physical health seriously. Though I always participated in sports and other physical activities but I had never followed a healthy and balanced diet, I would eat anything I could lay my hands on and my food portions also used to be huge. To be frank, I was in fact very heavy and over-weight, I weighed almost 88 kgs at that point in time. I knew if I had to clear the physical test, I had to get into better shape, that I needed to slim down so that I could run faster, so that I could perform the drills in the best way possible. So almost a month prior to my appearing for the physical test, I joined a gym and started lifting weights so that I could lose my excess weight. I would spend hours sweating out in the gym and exercising myself strenuously but still I could burn no more than 2 kilos only in about two weeks. Indeed I was very late in joining the gym, I should have started getting into a lean shape much much earlier. But now I didn't have much time at hand to ponder over it.


That's when a friend suggested me to go for a crash diet - essentially a very restrictive diet practice where in one has to cut down heavily on his calorie intake on a daily basis. I gave up eating rice, rotis, sweets, all milk products, meat, chicken, fish etc. In their place, I ate only soups and salads -- e.g. for breakfast I used to have only one fruit (an apple or an orange or a few bananas) and some nuts, my lunch comprised of cucumber salad mixed with little curd and a bowl of dal and my dinner used to be a small bowl of vegetable soup, that was all. Though folowing this crash diet plan, I managed to bring down my weight drastically to about 65 kilos in the two weeks that I had in hand, but such crash diets also have side-effects. Like you start feeling very weak. That only failed me in the physical test, I was very low on energy and felt so weak and tired that I almost fell unconscious midway when I was asked to take a sprint around the playground. I almost felt breathless and fell down on the ground. I was rejected. That was a huge heartbreak for me and it took me quite some time to get over the disappointment.


However it had taught me a lesson as well -- that crash diets are not only ineffective in the long run for losing weight but are also unsafe and unhealthy. The right way is to go for a diet plan that helps in losing weight gradually and steadily, without making you lose on the important nutrients.


Because when we suddenly and drastically cut down the amount of food we eat, our body uses up the energy stored in our muscles. As a result, our metabolism slows down, and instead of burning off calories, our body starts storing fat. Thus those who follow crash dieting by heavily cutting down on their daily calories, actually end up putting weight back in quick time. Also since the body would be missing out on the essential nutrients needed for the proper functioning of the organs, it can be harmful. One may face serious health problems.


Honey diet instead is very effective in making one lose weight because it not only controls one's cravings but also improves his metabolic rate. Though I could never become a Police officer as I went into the IT (Information Technology) field thereafter, but since then I became very serious and particular about my diet, I started paying attention to what I was eating. I had already stopped eating sugar altogether but now I substituted it with honey. Honey is believed to help immensely in losing weight, while at the same time providesbreakfast-diet-455585 energy as well. I also started including more fiber in my meals. I would have oatmeal mixed with milk, mashed bananas and honey for breakfast and salad for lunch or dinner. I also made sure to eat enough protein and carbohydrates.


In addition to that, I started to take a spoonful of honey with a glass of warm water before going to bed, because it has been scientifically proved that honey mixed with warm water improves one's metabolic rate and as a result, more fat is burned off. It also improved ones's digestion. Thus with the Honey diet, no starvation is involved. On top of that, I could lose a few kilos more without feeling weak at all. In fact I felt very energized. I have followed this dietary plan ever since. Thus Dabur Honey Diet really works.


P.S. - Photo Source - www.dreamstime.com


(This has been written for “Dabur Honey Diet“. With the Dabur Honey Diet, one can eat well and yet lose excess weight effortlessly. Visit the Dabur Honey website http://www.daburhoney.com/ to know more about the diet plan)

0 comments:

Post a Comment