Wednesday 27 January 2016

Wake up to a Gold morning

#Colgate360GoldMornings
Honestly, I was never a morning type of person during my growing up years. I would stay up late into the night studying and so would wake up late in the morning. The alarm clock would ring but I would often drift back to sleep for a little more time. Thankfully I had my mother to wake me up on days when I had morning classes. However I would feel very groggy. Also I would always be in a hurry. So my mornings were far from being "good mornings"!

The transformation of being a night owl to becoming an early riser came about when I entered my college life and started living in a PG, away from my family. So I was on my own, there was no one to wake me up if I was getting late for my class. That's when I cultivated waking up early as a habit and its benefits followed. I realised that I had been following a faulty routine all the while. As I started waking up early, I got enough time for doing exercises or to enjoy the peaceful, quiet time during dawn, or to enjoy my breakfast instead of hurrying through it.

Since then I have been following the same routine. So my mantra to turn good mornings into gold mornings is quite simple:
1. I go to bed early after having a light dinner so that I get a good eight hours of sleep and wake up feeling fresh in the morning.
2. I make sure that I am feeling relaxed and am not stressed about any work-related problems or otherwise, before hitting the bed at night, so that I sleep well.
3. Upon waking up, the first thing that I do is to drink a glass of lukewarm water. It helps in clearing the toxins from the body. So upon coming out of the washroom, I feel light and fresh.
4. The next most important step involves brushing my teeth and cleaning the tongue before having my breakfast. Not only does it minimises the odds of developing gum diseases like cavities or tooth decay but also makes me feel fresh. Both my toothpaste as well as my brush (Colgate 360 Charcoal Gold toothbrush) come from Colgate; me and my family have trusted Colgate products since the time we were small kids.

[caption id="attachment_492" align="alignnone" width="569"]colgate p Colgate 360 Charcoal Gold Toothbrush[/caption]

5. Then I go for a light jog in the nearby park followed by some stretching exercises, I feel energised. Upon returning home, I have a nutritious breakfast accompanied by a cup of green tea. Then I get myself readied up for my office. By then I would be feeling super active.

Thus my good mornings turn into gold mornings :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment